Thursday, January 21, 2010

Who Moved My Kool-Aid?

I was given a healthy dose of Kool-Aid when I got here. I liked it. It was refreshing and energizing and really hit the spot. 

It was just what I needed. 

It appears, however, that the Kool-Aid has run out. I asked for more this morning, was refused, and told that maybe some place down the road might have some if I really needed it. I accept that as a very definitive answer, which I much prefer to the duplicity I felt before. No kid gloves, thank you. I realize that because I was given Kool-Aid before, that I am programmed to seek it from the same source. But the reality is: Kool-Aid is pretty darn easy to make and there is absolutely no reason that I can't make my own.  I may just try to make enough for my peers too, though I am not sure I have a container in which to hold and deliver it. I will need some help. Clearly, the previous providers of Kool-Aid are taxed, tired and thirsty, and maybe we could even make some for them. 

Maybe that is just what they need too. 

There is no they, there is no us, there is no I, there is only we.

We are Penn State.  We are Outreach.  We are OMC.

Posted via email from Max Spiegel's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Active Topics @ mudcat.org

Today's Active Topics @ mudcat.org

MaxSuperFeed