Saturday, April 3, 2010

LinkedIn Recommendations Are Like Soap Opera Stars in Shopping Malls

I remember a movie from many years ago, that I think I should be ashamed to remember. I think Whoopi Goldberg was in it. Anyway, it was about a Soap Opera star. All I remember about it is when she would get down, she'd go to the mall and let herself be recognized and swamped by fans. 

I don't know if it was the fact that LinkedIn has been telling me that my profile is 85% complete for 2 years or that I felt a little down today, but I decided to finally go the extra 15% and ask for recommendations from my connections.

A quick response made my day. Thank you KC.

“My experience with mudcat.org was my initiation into the world of online forums. I was working in Wyoming and knew few other musicians, but through an Internet search, I discovered this amazing community of music-lovers and musicians from all over the world. When I discovered that this KID named Max (this was 12 years ago) had created the whole shebang, I was enormously impressed. What impressed me further was the devotion with which he operated, maintained and continued to improve the website and all its attendant functions. Literally thousands of musicians throughout the world are connected today because of Max's incredible professionalism and hard work. For example, when my band went to Italy recently, we were able to find a bass (and not have to pay full fare for a seat for ours) by posting a request on Mudcat. Max is a miracle worker and I recommend him with enormous enthusiasm.” April 3, 2010

K.C. Compton, Executive Editor, Star-Tribune, Wyoming

 

Coming Soon. The Perfect Yeah!!! Emotion in Music

Posted via web from Max Spiegel's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Active Topics @ mudcat.org

Today's Active Topics @ mudcat.org

MaxSuperFeed