Monday, July 26, 2010

Best. Compliment. Ever.

Got this email today. I love, love, love it.
---------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

For the past ten and one-half months while incarcerated at the Centre County Correctional Facility, I religiously listened to your Saturday Night Blues.  Thank you.  Within those walls there is not much toward which one can look forward on a regular basis, but I always knew that every Saturday night I could borrow a radio and relax/jam with the blues for three solid hours through your show, and on into Beale Street Caravan.  I often thought of writing-in to request more from The Black Keys, Derek Trucks, and the North Mississippi All-stars (all of whom I've seen live), or from Robert Johnson, Taj Mahal, Muddy and Etta James (who would occasionally filll my dreams), but with-out fail your show would deliver enough of my favourites that very week to satisfy my desires.  It was always an interesting mix of the old and new, funky/fresh and tried/true.  Again, thank-you.

 - xxxx xxxxxx

P.S. - I am now at least partially free, though restricted to the State of Pennsylvania, so if you have any recommendations for quality blues events with-in the state, I would very much appreciate the information.

Posted via email from Max Spiegel's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Active Topics @ mudcat.org

Today's Active Topics @ mudcat.org

MaxSuperFeed